If you would like to play at The Sad Cafe, read the band policy below and then fill out our performance questionnaire. Any questions you have can be sent to email@example.com.
1. THE SAD CAFE IS AN ALL AGES VENUE – Our goal is to create an environment where parents are comfortable bringing younger children to a performance or dropping off their teenagers.
2. WE HAVE A ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY. The Sad Cafe' is substance-free.
3. SHOWS BEGIN at 7: 00 most nights . We usually have 4 or 5 bands a night. (exceptions- Family Concert Series starts at 4:00 )
4. PARKING LOTS - There's no hanging out in cars or out back. If you would like to step out for some fresh air, please use the main entrance and remain in the front part of the building.
5. SMOKING – If you are at least 18, you can smoke out front in the designated area.
6. OUTDOOR NOISE- Please keep the noise down outside (esp. after 9:00 ). We respect our neighbors' right to peace and quiet.
7. ABSOULETLY NO MOSHING - Not surprisingly our insurance company frowns on this as much as most parents.
8. ADMISSION COST – Usually $10.
1. PROMOTE OUR EVERYBODY POLICIES ON AND OFF STAGE - The audience often follows the energy of the stage. It is difficult to create a safe environment for all ages when the band is not respecting the simple safety rules. Please discourage moshing if it occurs as sometimes so we don't have to cut your set short..
2. NO SWEARING ON STAGE - Replace the swears or bleep yourself. (Don't forget we are a "family friendly" venue).
3. PROMOTE YOUR SHOW STARTING THE SECOND WE OFFICIALLY BOOK YOU – There is no time to wait. Maybe that guy you just passed on the street has no plans with his three friends on the Friday of your show. I bet you wish he had a flyer in his hand. Crowd size varies greatly at the cafe' and it mostly relies on self-promotion. The least is usually 25 “fans” and the most-200. Shoot for "the most."
4. LOAD IN – is 6:00-6:10 . (IF YOU ARE LATE-THEN WE DECIDE THE ORDER YOU PLAY) Please drive around the back of the building and enter through the glass door. Before unloading equipment, please come to admissions to get your hands stamped, fill out a quick paper and to say hey. (Ask for Linda–If she's not around, Donna will help you out).
5. MUSICIAN'S AREA AND DOOR - Please limit access to the musician's areas to band members only. This makes an it easier to keep track of gear, merch and more. Fans and guests enter through the admission door in the FRONT of the building.
6. SET LENGTH/NUMBER OF BANDS – is approx 35 minutes (+ or – 5 min usually-some exceptions) but varies with the number of bands playing for an evening. We can have 3-6 acts in a night, most nights we aim for 5.
7. MERCHANDISE – We encourage you to bring merchandise to sell. You keep 100% of the sales.
8. SIGNING THE WALL – You can write on the wall AFTER you play. Staff will find a space for you. You should include Band name/date/where you're from and then sign your names around it.
9. CALLING DURING SHOW HOURS – Phone # is 603-382-8893 (let it ring). It does get loud in here. On show nights, staff arrives about 5:45 . If you are going to be late, a call is required.
10. CD RECORDING – Performers that bring at least 10 audience members get to go home with CD recording of the night (if the equipment gods allow). Violating our policies may result in the withholding of recordings. Any performers with less than 10 audience members in attendance will be allowed to purchase recording for $50.